Post by Sprow on Mar 13, 2012 2:12:05 GMT -5
Player Username: sprow
Current Character List: Darius, Ivory, Trent, Renee, Larxene, Integra, Talitha, Felicia & Zoran
Character Notes: Credit goes to Prythian/Xero for helping me with a good portion of these abilities.
Character Name: Saleth also goes by the title "The Silver Dragon"
Character Age: Unknown but appearance wise, she looks to be 20.
Character Race: Dragon
Character Gender: Female
About the Character
Saleth is a very cynical person. After being held for so long in prison, for reasons that were unfair, she doesn't trust others easily. Due to her mistreatment, she is especially paranoid of all humans assuming that all of them hold the same prejudice towards her kind. It's because of her imprisonment that she has developed an abrasive personality. She's rather difficult to deal with and is often the one to let others know right off what she thinks of them. It's because of this, that she doesn't have many friends but being stuck where she is it's not like she can really get a chance to work on her social skills.
She has a strong will, not letting others break her so easily. Still, there are times even when her will just falls apart to leave her in tears. When that happens, she often hides away from those around her so no one would see her. She's ashamed of shedding tears in front of others and will probably lash out verbally at anyone that tries to console her or follow her. It's usually best to just leave her alone during these times or, for those stubborn enough as she is, to embrace her tightly and not let go.
Since she is a dragon, Saleth holds friendship in the highest regard. Once someone befriends her, no one would be able to find a more loyal friend. Sure, there may be moments where she could potentially end up arguing with someone over petty things but she would never betray them. On the outside, she appears rather gruff but inside, she has a gentle heart. It just takes a while for others to reach that part of her because she put up so many hard layers to protect herself.
When it comes to those that she cares about, Saleth can be a little overprotective. She treasures those that she forms friendships with or more because Saleth learned to no longer take things for granted. If anyone needs her, she's the type to always be there for them no matter what.
Where she may, at times, appear stubborn, Saleth isn't at all stupid. She knows if others are trying to manipulate her and it's difficult to fool her. Only those that eat, sleep and breathe their deceptive roles could fool her.
Saleth has wine red, shoulder length hair. Starting from her bangs to the back, her hair is layered. One particular strand sticks out in an arc, standing out. Her eyes are a pale lilac in color. Normally, her eyes' pupils are round like a human's would be but when she's angry, they become slitted like that of a cat. Her wisdom teeth are noticeably pointier and longer than a human's but nowhere near as sharp as that of a vampire.
She stands at five feet and five inches tall. Due to the additional weight of her wings and tail, Saleth's overall weight is 140 pounds. Without them, she would be approximately 123 pounds. Where she's not ripped, Saleth is pretty toned. She has an even amount of strength and flexibility behind her. Basically, she has curves in all the right places. Although, due to the abuse she went through in prison, her skin is scarred quite noticeably all over her forearms, legs, stomach and back. The worse of the scarring can be found on her back.
Where the human shoulder blades should be, two leathery silver dragon wings are attached. Where the human tail bone is, a six foot long silvery dragon tail is attached. As you might've figured out by now, Saleth's appearance over all is human save for the tail and wings...and her fangs and pupils (but only when she's angry).
In terms of clothing, Saleth wears a black tank top. About her neck she wears a white choker. Nothing is special about the choker, it's just plain. For lower attire, she wears a tan, baggy Capris that reach to her knees. For footwear, she wears black Kung Fu shoes. Seriously, they're really called that. The soles are white in color. They're a type of shoe that fit to the form of the foot, save for the sole. Allows for better running speeds due to how lightweight the shoes are.
When in her dragon form, Saleth stands at twelve feet in height. Her slender, serpentine, muscular neck makes up for most of the height since it's five feet in length. From nose to tail tip, she's eighteen feet long. Her wing span is around twenty feet in length. Over all, her scales are silver in color except for the underbelly scaling which are white. On top of her back running along her spine starting from the top of her head to the end of her tail, she has black three inch long spikes. Upon her head, she has two horns that form into a wavy V if someone were to look at her from the front. As for what kind of dragon, she's able to stand on all fours but can sometimes stand on two like a dog or a cat would be able to. Over all, her dragon form is thin and limber, made for speed but has strength to it as well.
Character Position: Anti-Heroine aka Neutral
1. Dragon Fist: Only an ability that Saleth can use in her normal form. Gathering energy around her right hand, it develops a turquoise aura around it. It takes her at least three posts to charge enough aura in her right hand to attack with it. She can only fire it in a straight direction. The beam itself is a good three feet in diameter and reaches out from her at least twenty feet. The closer one is to it, the more damage they would receive should they get hit by it. Three post cool down.
2. Martial Arts: Only possible when in her normal form. Like the title implies, Saleth's skilled in martial arts. She prefers to fight in the style of the dragon though as opposed to any other forms but is not beyond them.
3. Dragon Rush: Only in normal form. Saleth will rush past an enemy. When she does this, it looks like she merely darted past them. In actuality, while she was rushing past them, she unleashed a short series of rapid punches (4-5 at most) at her enemy. Only when she pauses after rushing past her foes do the strikes seem to have hit or not. Can be blocked should a person be fast enough to block them. Saleth can only go in a straight direction when doing this at a distance of six feet. Moderate damage can be inflicted if all hits land. Three post cooldown.
4. Grace of the Dragon: Both forms. Saleth is naturally speedier on feet in either form. How much swifter? Well, think of a cheetah compared to a human's speed. Basically, she'd move 70 mph as opposed to a human's 35-40 mph. Only in short bursts though and a total of four times before she cools down for three posts.
5. Dragon Form: As the title implies, Saleth transforms into her dragon form. It takes her a single post to transform but in between transforming, she has to wait a total of five posts if she wants to change back. She stays in either form indefinitely, the only time that she doesn't stay in dragon form is if she's drained. Her defense and strength increases by 20%.
6. Tail of the Dragon: Both forms. Not many expect the involvement of Saleth's tail to be a part of a martial arts move. Basically, as a foe charges at her, instead of a human resorting to whipping their leg out in a roundhouse kick, Saleth uses her tail in that fashion. Hence, 'tail of the dragon' becoming quite literal here.
7. Fly: As the title implies, Saleth can fly. Both forms.
8. Dragon's Breath: Dragon form only. In her dragon form, Saleth can send out a small burst of flames straight in front of her at a distance of eight feet. The farther someone is away from her mouth, the less damage they shall receive. Has a potential to leave a Burn effect on the foe but leaving that up to the opponent's rper to decide if they get effected by Burn or not. Must wait three posts between each burst of flames.
9. Dragon's Resolve: Both forms. Standing poised, Saleth becomes engulfed in a turquoise aura. When it goes away, her strength and defense gets increased by 10%. Lasts for four posts with a 4 post cooldown.
10. Tear: Dragon form only. Her forearm's talons are rather sharp and stronger than one would think. When she slashes at you with her claws, they have the ability to send forth a four foot long energy slash through the air for six feet straight ahead from where she slashed. Is easily dodge able.
For once, I can say I've actually got a character that doesn't use a weapon other than what she naturally has. If you need an explanation, I am referring to using her body as her weapon, really. So, it implies her tail, fists, legs, teeth and claws.
White choker: Nothing special about this accessory, it's just there for decoration. It's plain with no decor to it.
Right wrist band: Nothing is special about this wrist band but it does cover the mark carved permanently into her skin by her jailers. All that this wrist band conceals is the number she was given which is "332012".
Mode of Transportation: Can teleport herself and others to other worlds and other worlds only. Has to do this in her dragon form.
Character Strengths: Physically fighting with her fists, tail and legs is something she's very good at. Her dragon form has to be her stronger of the two forms since her scales protect her for the most part.
Character Weaknesses: Long ranged attackers may have a better chance in landing a hit on her in her normal form since she's not protected by her scales. In her dragon form, going for the eyes, mouth and under the arm pits or leg crooks is a good way to hurt her.
Character Home World: Land of Dragons
Mother & Father: Saleth has never mentioned the names of her parents but she held a deep bond with them. Since her imprisonment, Saleth often wonders how they're doing.
Seiya: Saleth's little sister. Seiya always followed Saleth around. The two had their ups and downs but what sibling set didn't? As far as age goes, they were decades apart. Saleth's fond memories of her sister and parents are what have kept her going this far. Even now, Saleth wonders how Seiya is doing.
Cousin: Saleth has a cousin whose name she never mentioned. Saleth's memories about he/she are fond.
Many years before Saleth's birth, dragons had been faced with the possibility of extinction. It was a time before the dragons adapted better methods of interacting with humans. Back in the day, they used to remain in their full dragon forms. It was because of this that humans felt threatened by the large bulks of the dragons. After several unpleasant encounters with unfriendly dragons, it was understandable that the humans would assume most dragons were evil. Due to too many dragons that gave others a bad name when it came to human interactions, humans began to think of ways to kill a dragon in order to defend themselves.
Of course, once the humans had been able to discover just how to kill off a dragon, that knowledge soon became abused. Rather than simply destroying one dragon that was violent, there were groups of humans that developed a cult stating dragons were evil and all had to be destroyed. Thus, the western wide massacre of dragons took place. Knights and dragon slayers were alike to a dragon in those days. For a time, it really looked like dragons would soon become extinct.
Then, dragons adapted a new form in order to make their relations with humans better. In their dragon forms, there wasn't any way for them to communicate with humans. Only if a dragon bonded with a human were they able to communicate to them telepathically. Thus, the mostly human form (save for the wings, tail, fangs and pupil features) was born. The form allowed them to communicate with the humans. In the long run, it allowed for the two species to form a more peaceful relationship. It was also because of the new form that dragons were able to cross species with humans.
Through many generations, only a few purebred dragon families remained. Most of the dragon families now had some human blood somewhere save for the purebreds. Saleth's family was one of those purebred families.
Born year of the dragon in Land of Dragons, Saleth lived in the world her parents decided to settle down in. It was in this world where dragons were held with high regards. Here was where Saleth grew up. As a child, she romped around with her cousin and a nearby village's human children. For ten years, Saleth was an only child until Seiya was born.
Seiya was the world to Saleth, being her older sibling. Sure, they had their ups and downs but Saleth wouldn't let anything happen to her little sister. Neither was seen without the other tagging along. Under their father, they learned how to handle themselves in martial arts combat as well as how to fight in dragon form. Seiya was far too young to learn the more advanced areas so it was Saleth that was trained once she was advanced enough.
Due to her hard training, she participated in gatherings with other dragon families. Her skills were rather remarkable, not the best but remarkable. Her hard work earned her the title "The Silver Dragon" amongst her human peers. Pretty much, everything was peaches and cream until a certain point. Now, Saleth's age isn't exactly known but what is known that what happened to her has lasted for a long time in her life.
It was during a bright and warm summer day. Saleth had only recently learned about other worlds and had been traveling between them. Stopping at some new, recently discovered world, Saleth found herself ambushed. Never before had she ever met such prejudice people in her life. Just because she was a dragon, they had captured her and taken her as prisoner. Yet, some things just don't add up. Right now, Saleth doesn't know this. All she knows is nothing but a world of misery. The only thing that keeps her going is the fond memories of her family.
In her heart, she knew her family was out there somewhere looking for her. For a time, that hope remained strong until many years passed her by. In fact, by now, Saleth had lost all track of time. Being stuck where she is for so long, her once friendly nature has become aggressive and very cynical. All her thoughts consist of is breaking free and being able to fly in the skies once more. All she wants is to see her family again and see what has happened to them.
For now, she remains cooped up in her cell, bidding her time while threatening her jailers that one day she will break free and they will pay.
1. Which form will you choose?
The power of the warrior
2. What is most important to you?
3. What do you want out of life?
To be strong
4. What are you afraid of?