Zero/Kenji's (Updated) Preferences Sept 20, 2012 8:40:00 GMT -5
Post by Archer Zero on Sept 20, 2012 8:40:00 GMT -5
- I'm fine with any genre. Action, romance, even just a simple talking thread is quite fine with me.
- Speaking about romance, I will NOT do anything more complicated than a relatively-straightforward one-on-one romance. NO love triangles, dramas, affairs or anything of the sort. Trust me when I say I've been through enough of those to be utterly sick of it.
- And before I forget, NO YAOI. I like heterosexual relationships, thank you very much.
- I don't expect absolutely perfect grammar, spelling, or punctuation - everyone's entitled to slip ups now and then. I DO expect you to write like a competent writer, however, so if your posts are filled with bad grammar, punctuation, etc, expect me to cringe and leave the thread really quickly.
- Also, godmod/powerplay/use Mary/Gary Stus and I will also drop the thread like a hot potato.
- I probably will bug you to post. But then, this makes me a hypocrite because sometimes I don't stir to post - mainly from lack of muse. If you feel like I'm taking an unreasonable amount of time, feel free to give me a taste of my own medicine.
- I don't expect novel-sized posts - in fact, I beg you not to do so because I feel then I would have to match your length and that's never fun. But post decent sized posts and give me something to work with. I'm only as good as the person I'm RPing with so if you give me crap, you'll get crap. That easy.
- I don't mind RPing fights - heck, I love them! I just don't like it when I RP fights for a long time though because there's really only so much one can write for a fight scene.
- And speaking of fights, I'm not the type to just 'throw attacks and see what sticks'. No, that's utterly BORING. I'm what you call a 'tactical combat' RPer. Meaning, if I use attacks, I'll detail what the attacks are meant to do - area denial, limiting vision/movement, diversions, you name it. I can be quite creative too, so don't expect fights to turn into a forgone conclusion of winner or loser. Even if it's planned for me to lose, you can be sure I will NOT make it easy, and I'll do it in a logical way.
- Want to know the the one way to really tick me off? Act holier-than-thou on me. I acknowledge everyone here as a peer. Some are bit above, some are a bit below, but everyone's my peer. I'll gladly take constructie criticism - I'm not the best writer in the world by any means, and I'll take advice on how to become a better writer. I'm normally a pretty lenient guy (save my occasional fits where I pop up to throw hydrogen bombs all over the place), but act like you're far superior to me, denounce my writing like it's trash compared to yours, and generally act like I'm far beneath your notice, and you WILL incur my wrath. After all, as I said, I may not be the best writer in the world, but I still have my own pride, and I will NOT tolerate anyone messing with it
That's all I have so far. I'll add more if I have any others.